Saturday, October 16, 2010

Who Not Where

If there is one thing I have learned from travelling it is the following: What matters is not where you go, but who you are with that makes an enjoyable experience.

I have been in New York City on my own and felt miserable, yet I have been in Habrough, England (The village I grew up in with a population of 650) and had some of the best times of my life with my friends and family there.

Habrough - Photo: Matty Cruddas
Habrough has a shop, a train station, a pub and two hotels – not a lot happening. People look out the window when they hear a car drive past!

Oh and the silence at night is absolute. It is very weird going back after living in London and New York with that constant background noise you get in big cities! People are what make life fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment