Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Do It

Most of the good quotes that I know have something to do with motivating or inspiring people to take action. This one springs to mind:

“He who dares wins” - SAS motto

So this is my attempt to inspire YOU to travel. Most of us have dreams and things we want to accomplish along with places we want to see in our lives.

“If your life flashed before your eyes right now, would it be worth watching?” I heard this one fairly recently from my friend Cleo and it made me think about how I live my life.

“If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!”

I mentioned something once that was said at my Grandad’s funeral a couple of years ago, when you are on your death bed, nobody says, I wish I had just spent a bit more time at work. The things people say in these situations are more along the lines of I wish I had spent more time with my friends and family. So why not make a trip and see those friends or family that you have been saying you would visit for ages?

You can either adopt the Nike slogan or you can choose the Sardinia version (which I had to take a picture of when I was there!)

T-shirt in Sardinia - Photo: Francis Shenstone
The phrase “Actions speak louder than words” is overused in our culture, probably for good reason. One of my favourite films puts it nicely:

“What we do in life, echoes in Eternity” – Maximus (Gladiator)

So as another famous man once said:

 "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Now use this as the excuse to go visit that place you have always wanted to. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment