Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Most Important Thing in Life - Relationships

The following powerful statement changed my life:

“The only thing you take to heaven with you is the relationships you make here on earth”.

After hearing this I thought about the relationships in my life and thought if I died right now, what relationships have I developed in my lifetime? 

Just a few of the great guys I know from University
I figured I needed to stay in touch with old friends better, and call the people I love more often.


It also helped me to forgive people easier and to be generally a friendlier person. Not that I was unfriendly before, just that I realised all the random people I meet will one day see me in Heaven and say “Hey you were the guy that...”

So I wanted to make sure I did the right thing and went out of my way to help people I meet. Of course no one is perfect, so I am no saint, but I do realise the importance of relationships more than I did. I hope this quote enlightens you like it did me!

No comments:

Post a Comment