Monday, October 11, 2010

Best Museum in the World

I have visited some of the ‘best’ museums around the world, but the one that stood out far above the rest would have to be The California Academy of Arts and Sciences located in San Francisco.

Imagine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum and 4 storey rainforest all located in one of the most ecologically advanced buildings in the world. It is huge, has the only albino alligator in the world and best of all has free admission on the third Wednesday of each month! 

Butterfly in the Rainforest of the California Science Academy - Photo: Francis Shenstone
Someone told me about the third Wednesday of the month free admission, so this is when I went and spent all afternoon there, yet I didn’t even get to see the planetarium as I ran out of time!

Admission normally costs $30 for adults, and I would pay to go see it if you aren’t in San Francisco for the third Wednesday of the month. Here is the website.

Even if you don’t normally visit museums, this is a must see if you go to San Francisco.

1 comment:

  1. I love this museum, it is so good. I didn't know about the third Wednesday of the month being free though!

    ReplyDelete